From the angle of this picture it appears to have been taken near the park gates at the junction of Parkside, Hampstead Road and Withington Road.
St John's Church was built in 1832 and is capable of seating 2,000 people.
Central Park was originally part of the gardens surrounding the house of Liverpool merchant and shipowner John Tobin. The land, Liscard Hall and its associated buildings were purchased by the Council in 1889.
For additional views of Central Park see